What we know now:
1. The Intelligence Community – at the direction of President Obama – made a request to a FISA court for the NSA to spy on Donald Trump in June 2016. It was denied.
2. In October the Intelligence Community (NSA) – at the direction of President Obama – made a second request to the FISA court for the NSA to spy on Donald Trump. It was approved.
3. At around the same time (October) as the second request to FISA, Defense Secretary Ash Carter and (DNI) James Clapper told President Obama to dump NSA Director Mike Rogers.
4. A week after the election, Mike Rogers makes a trip to Trump Tower without telling his superior, James Clapper; which brings about new calls (November media leaks to WaPo) for President Obama to dump Mike Rogers.
5. According to the Executive Order rule changes, DNI James Clapper signed off on December 15th.
6. General Michael Flynn spoke to the Russian Ambassador on December 29th, 2016 – Obama announces sanctions on Russia.
7. VERY IMPORTANT: January, 2017 – Obama expands NSA sharing. As Michael Walsh later notes, and as the New York Times reports, the outgoing Obama administration “expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.” The new powers, and reduced protections, could make it easier for intelligence on private citizens to be circulated improperly or leaked.
8. Jan. 3rd, 2017 – Loretta Lynch signs off on rule changes for phone taps.
9. Jan. 12th, 2017 – WaPo reports On Phone Calls, citing Anonymous Intel Sources.
10. Jan. 15th, 2017 – VP Mike Pence appears on Face the nation.
11. Jan. 20th, 2017 – Inauguration of President Donald J. Trump.
12. Jan. 23rd, 2017 – FBI reports nothing unlawful in the content of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn call with Russian Ambassador.
13. Jan. 26th, 2017 – Sally Yates (acting Attorney General) informs President Trump there might be a conflict between VP Pence’s stated TV version (was told by Flynn), and what Intel community communicated to Yates that Flynn actually expressed to Russia.
14. Jan. 27th, 2017 – White House counsel begins investigation to discrepancy.
15. January: Times report. The New York Times reports, on the eve of Inauguration Day, that several agencies — the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Treasury Department are monitoring several associates of the Trump campaign suspected of Russian ties.
Occam’s Razor: NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers didn’t want to participate in the spying scheme (Clapper, Brennan, Etc.), which was the baseline for President Obama’s post presidency efforts to undermine Donald Trump and keep Trump from digging into the Obama labyrinth underlying his remaining loyalists. After the October spying operation went into effect, Roger’s unknown loyalty was a risk to the Obama objective. Ten Days after the election, Rogers travels to President-Elect Trump without notifying those who were involved in the intel scheme.
Did NSA Director Mike Rogers wait for a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) to be set up in Trump Tower, and then notify the President-elect he was being monitored by President Obama?