Second Mosque Shooting Thwarted By Armed Muslim Man Who ‘Chased Shooter Away’

• Dozens feared dead as at least two gunmen open fire at at least two central Christchurch mosques

• City in lockdown and numerous IEDs defused by Defense Force

• One gunman, believed to be Australian, filmed as he shot victims in the mosque – and wrote a manifesto declaring his intentions

• Four people have been arrested

• Police in the New Zealand city of Christchurch said that there are “multiple fatalities” after shootings in two mosques in the city center on Friday.

The Rundown

A terrorist who opened fire on a New Zealand mosque published an online manifesto detailing his plans to carry out the massacre just hours before the attack.

Australian man Brenton Tarrant, 28, published ‘The Great Replacement‘ the morning before he opened fire inside the Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand.

At least 30 people are believed to have been killed in the attack, while police have so far arrested three man and a woman – including Tarrant.

The 87-page manifesto reveals in chilling details his grievances.

Police Commissioner Mike Bush said that four people are in custody but police are unsure if there are any other suspects.
“As far as we know (the shootings occurred) at two locations, a mosque at Deans Avenue, and another mosque at Linwood Avenue,” Bush said. “We are unsure if there are any other locations outside of that area that are under threat.”
Bush said they were “dealing with a very serious and tragic series of events in the Christchurch Canterbury area” and warned people to stay off the streets. He asked “anyone who was thinking of going to a mosque anywhere in New Zealand today not to go. To close your doors until you hear from us again,” he said.
New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern held a press conference into the shooting at two mosques in Christchurch, describing it as “one of New Zealand’s darkest days.”
“What has happened here is an extraordinary and unprecedented act of violence,” she said.
Ardern said the attacker has “no place in New Zealand.”
“For now my thoughts and I’m sure the thoughts of all New Zealanders are with those who have been affected their families,” she said.
Nick Monroe on twitter has been updating a thread of the events as they unfold

Second Shooting at Mosque in Linwood Thwarted

A second shooting happened at a mosque in the Linwood area of the city.

One Friday prayer goer returned fire with a rifle or shotgun.

Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots around 1.45pm.

A well known Muslim local chased the shooters and fired two shots at them as they sped off.

He was heard telling police officers he was firing in “self defence”.

“They were in a silver Subaru,” he told police.

SHARE